“You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts you.”
Isaiah 26:3, ESV
- Not wanders aimlessly. Drifting. Directionless.
- Not pays You a visit once in a while, God.
- Not tries to figure You out or what the heck You’re doing.
Nope. Stays focused on You.
Give us peace, Lord. Help us to keep our minds stayed on You.
“Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.”
Psalm 91:1, NIV
Notice that it says whoever “dwells” in God will find rest; not whoever “visits.”
- A dweller establishes roots and gets to know his cohabiter extremely well.
- A visitor never stays long enough to build a meaningful relationship or get comfortable in the home.
No wonder the dweller can rest: he is a rooted, established person who knows his Father intimately enough to be able to kick it around the house with Him – dirty laundry and all.